Sunday, April 25, 2010

Your average random Saturday

I'm thrilled to see the new followers I have for this blog! I never expected anyone outside my close circle of friends to take an interest in what I was doing, so I'm pleasantly surprised at the turn this has taken. I know I owe some of that appreciation to Sherri (you rock, girl!). Welcome aboard!

Today, I returned to the gym. I usually take Friday's off simply because of my husband's work schedule and our distance from the gym. We've got one car and he works about an 18 hour day on Fridays, so it's tough for me to get anywhere.

I talked to my friend RiceChex last night who discussed the whole veggie cleanse fiasco with me. She asked me what else I could do to kick my metabolism into gear since the cleanse didn't turn out as planned. She reminded me that last year I had more dedication to my workouts than I've had this year. I hadn't really seen it, but after she brought it up, I knew she was right (don't tell her that. I'll never hear the end of it.). So I committed to doing the gym five days a week. Typically I go around 10pm because the family is in bed and @ProjectDance and I can go together and work out. The days I typically take off are Fridays and Saturdays. I think a steady commitment to the gym will help. The newly acquired info about my water intake should help, too.

I'm not doing any low-fat, high-fiber special things with my diet, though I do plan on trying to ease up on the carbs a bit and lowering my fat intake. I'm also going to try to monitor my food through SparkPeople.com like I was before. I always do better if I can see exactly what's going into my body and what I'm expending energy-wise.

I head to Chicago in 40 days to see NKOTB. I'd hoped to have been at my goal weight (165) before that time came, but considering I've still got about 80lbs to go and I've been stagnant for this long, I don't see that happening. But, I can get to a smaller goal by then and I'm committing to that now. By June 4th. I want to be under 220lbs. Based on the changes I'm making and the experience I've had in the past, I believe this is completely attainable with hard work.

I need your help, though. I need accountability from you all. Encouragement & accountability, both.

Can you help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment