Monday, April 19, 2010

Vegetable cleanse?

Last summer, I dropped weight like a virgin loses her cherry on prom night. It absolutely melted off of me. I didn't give up all junk foods, but I did make considerable sacrifices and on the days I "cheated" I worked out extra hard or I compensated the next day with what I ate. It paid off.

I'm doing the same thing I did last summer when the weight dropped and so far I'm not making any progress. I go down two pounds, I go up two pounds. I've only lost 5 of the 15lbs I put back on over the winter and the lack of progress is thoroughly pissing me off.

I brought this up to my doctor tonight and he suggested more water (freakin' A! Okay, okay, so I'm not drinking the 10 bottles a day I should be drinking. *wry grin*) and a cleanse of some type. He said it didn't really matter which type of cleanse I did as long as it was enough to shock my body into saying "Umm...what's going on here? Let's kick this metabolism into gear!" And that's the goal here. I'm not out to clean out the colon or flush my kidneys. Just looking to shake up my metabolism.

When I looked at my cupboards when I got home, I realized that I've got some spoilable foods that need to be eaten before we start this cleanse, so I'll be starting it Wednesday or Thursday instead of tomorrow.

For five days, I eat nothing but vegetables. I take a multi-vitamin and drink all the water I want, but nothing food-wise except a vegetable. Wednesday, for instance, I will eat nothing but carrots. I can cook them, steam them, eat them raw. I can season them with any spice, but no butter, sugar, dips or sauces. Thursday, I'll do lima beans (or a different vegetable). So on and so forth. When the five days is up, I munch throughout the day on light foods, introducing them back into my diet slowly.

Again, this isn't for weight loss, it's to boost my metabolism a bit since it seems to be stagnant right now.

I apologize now for those I may piss off with my attitude over the next five days. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment