Saturday, July 10, 2010

This is gonna suck so good!

I preface this blog with a DEEP thank you to @BootCampJoey for taking the time to answer some questions for me that I've been wondering about for a while. Your willingness to help me is deeply appreciated, my dear!

That being said, Joey's going to kill me.

Okay, so he might not kill me, but the changes he's recommended are going to huuuuuuuurt. I'm leaving Tabata behind (for now) and returning to my old and faithful friend, standard HIIT. Do I love the 4-min workouts my glorious Tabata brings me? Yes. Will I miss them? Yes. But, I trust Joey not to lead me astray.

Beginning next week I'll be increasing my workouts not only in frequency but intensity, as well. I've been doing HIIT 3 days a week and weight training the two days in between, taking two days off a week. I will be bumping up the number of workouts I do weekly to 4-5 days of HIIT and roughly the same of strength training. I will also be intensifying my workouts. Thus far, I've been "pushing" myself with speeds of 4-5mph. Joey's recommendation for me is to double that. I'm not sure how my 24" legs are gonna haul that much ass, but I suppose if he says it can be done, I have to trust that he's right.

Joey, dear, I'm sure I will be cussing you out in three different languages by this time next week, but please know its out of love. :) Thanks for giving a shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment